Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Interlude


I had wanted to do the Tesla visit over the weekend. Then the weather turned foul and I came down with a cold. Although it would have been fitting to hang his picture during a lightning storm, I regretfully put my plans off for another week.


Spring has finally started to creep in. The forsythia are in full force and there are even some early cherry blossoms.


The budding trees are what catch my heart right now. It is my favorite moment, just before all the trees burst into flowers and leaves.


The mornings are cold and the weather is fickle (as noted earlier). The trees are still grey but with so much potential.


The red buds don't even flower, they turn into leaves.



They are more like fleurettes, than buds. I can't remember if they fall to the ground or if the leaf unfurls from them. I will have to keep an eye on them to see.


My favorite is the pear tree. It is so delicate with its white buds folded up in pale green, like stuff for a wedding veil.


In a few days, this will be a canopy of frothy white, which I also like. In fact there is little about spring that I dislike.


No comments: