Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Down By Peck Slip


The weather has been either bitterly cold and sunny, or damp and not quite cold enough for snow. This morning, as the sun slipped towards chilly rain, I saw some breaks in the clouds. I probably should have stayed local and gathered up what light there was on the discount stores. But I was restless and went to the Manhattan side of the East River, near the Brooklyn 
Bridge.


I have been there before, it always seems to be about to rain. The sidewalk down to the water has many obstacles. There is construction noise, but it seems desolate.


Passing under the FDR drive is a little ominous and dark.


Under the relative brightness of the clouds, this little clump of trees is looking a bit wistful.


The outside view of the FDR with all its barriers.


I was enjoying the light, but the pictures ended up fairly melancholic.


I found some nice moss with the sea weed.


Near the old Fulton fish market, the view of the river is totally blocked. The light is so dim that artificial lights brighten the gloom.


Tomorrow the sun will be back, with the wind and the cold. I realize this is all normal for winter, I am just weary of the temperature jumping all over the place.

No comments: