Tuesday, July 29, 2014

France, lots of graffiti, a little JR


I was in Le Croisic for a wedding. My bedroom window offered a view of the ocean



The sky would melt into sunset.



Le Crosic graffiti



The wildest time on my trip was on my birthday when I was stranded in the walled city of Guerande with a lovely Spanish lady.



We wandered around the city and spent hours chatting on a cafe terrace about the importance of letting adventures happen. I tried to keep the spirit of the day throughout my trip.



Then to Paris, and this was the view from my window.



There was no light in the wc for a few days, which gave me a chance to take a picture by candlelight.



I went to see the JR installation at the Pantheon.




 The photos were printed on plastic that would sometimes reflect the light.



All of those faces looking straight at the viewer were very intense.





I visited the petite ceinture which is like the high line in New York, but left to run wild. It is unlike the French to let nature do its thing but they were very proud of protecting the abandoned railway's ecosystem. I thought it was far better than the fussy nyc park.



Here are some thistles behaving a lot like weeds.



On the parapet walls of the railway, the graffiti blended with the vines.



Sometimes a tagger would paint over the dead branches.






I had planned on taking photos for my dream project, but the light was never what I expected



There always seemed to be additional layers things were never as they appeared. It was like living in one of my dreams.



I wandered through the neighborhoods where I lived, remembering lost adventures and enjoying the colors.












My dream project will just have to fit with the images I have.

No comments: