Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Weeds in Autumn

It rained so much in the spring and summer that the fall colors have been muted.

Some leaves are just curling up and turning straight to brown.

I rather like the soft colors, they go well with the remaining green.



The light was fantastic today which helps make everything look special.

The exciting news (for me at least) is the giant weed growing in the courtyard behind my building.

I noticed it one evening from my window, its leaves swaying in the moonlight. When I came down to investigate, I discovered this giant tree weed growing over from the neighbor. The froth of green was so unexpected when I turned the corner of our barren cement courtyard.

Its leaves fill the space, reaching up for the sun light.

The leaves are like platters. They make a canopy over the courtyard.

No comments: