Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year's End


Well the bloom is certainly off the new year. With the Boxing Day blizzard, it took people a while to shake off the holiday glitter, but it is finally dispersed.


Wandering around my new neighborhood, I am noticing a lot of purple on the buildings.


It is perhaps not a brilliant violet, but the blues have a decidedly purple cast.


Even the street sheds are a bit indigo.


I love riding on the elevated subway. Lots of buildings are tagged with graffiti. I had not realized how much I missed the tags in my old neighborhood which was being increasingly scrubbed fresh. The Myrtle Avenue station has lots of graffiti.


The remains of the old Myrtle Avenue elevated line cross this station, but I haven't found a good angle to photograph it yet.
 

I need to explore the neighborhood some more, maybe in black and white.

No comments: