Thursday, July 14, 2011

Of Weeds and Disorder


The peas that were looking so promising all turned brown and most of their vines died. I do not know if it was the week of rain or that I missed the moment to harvest the peas. A neighboring vine crept through the fence and took advantage of the string trellis I made for the peas.



After watching the peas shrivel and die, I could not help but marvel at this robust plant curling authoritatively through the garden.  Perhaps some people would not consider this lovely vine to be a weed, but it has that rustic hardiness.


I trained it over the netting we put up to keep the cats from wandering. I just don't want it rushing off and strangling the roses.

My work space is in disarray, I have to sort some shelves and put some things away. I can stand a certain amount of disorder, but when it crosses a certain point I can't do any work until I clean up. 

Hopefully I will be able to do the first plant installation early next week.

No comments: