Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Graffiti

There is graffiti all around my new neighborhood. I have been photographing it with my film camera, but I wanted to take some test shots of the tagged warehouses near my home.


They cover all the walls of one warehouse.


I am trying to decide if they look better from far away, with the neighborhood for context,


or closer to show the detail.


The details are so intense.


There is a play between the detritus and the tags.


I love concertina wire I think it is really beautiful. Most people tend to read too much dark symbolism into it though.


Before I know it, I am focusing on cracks in the walls and scatterings of spray paint. I am not sure where I should go with this.


Meanwhile, my friend Jessica and her friend Seth did some spontaneous street art on a blank wall in Manhattan. They drew portraits of the passers by.


The hearts came for a subsequent tagger. I am guessing the portraits were well received.

No comments: