Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Emptiness


Today was the first time in a while that I had a bit of calm so I could focus on my work and I was at a loss for what to do.  This happens to me once in a while.  I feel so frustrated because here I am with time and space to work and I just feel empty. Rather than beat myself up about it, I tried to make pictures of the emptiness.  I wanted something round and clear.  Fullness is round to me and the transparency would show the lack of fullness.  Luckily I have this old balsamic vinegar bottle that I keep spotting brushes in.  This first picture is practically allegorical with the empty dishes and my moss languishing in the background.  The next ones are closer to what I had in mind.






I do not know if these images really describe the emptiness I was experiencing, but they made me feel better.

No comments: