Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Heat Wilting the Plants


I was so happy to find a cheap way to make planters for my plants.  I hung them off my fire escape to climatize them to New York summer.  It rained on the first day, then nothing.


The poor plants wilted under the onslaught of heat and sun.


 I think part of the problem is that some of the cuttings are too long, there is not enough soil to nourish them.


The shorter cuttings are doing a little better.


I am envious of the trees and plants on the street.  How do they manage so long with no water?  


I think I will take some of the more distressed plants back inside.  I have started watering all of them, maybe I have too much drainage.  They need to hang onto every drop of moisture.  I may need to rethink the planters. I can't put them out in the world looking all bedraggled like this.  Work in progress...

No comments: