Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Last Look at Admiral's Row?


Back in February, I heard the announced demolition of the Admiral's Row. It was not unexpected, people had been speaking of it for years. Life was hectic and I did not pay attention. The other day, I passed the Navy Yard and realized that the buildings had not yet been torn down. Apparently, the two buildings that will be saved are being shored up.


I went back to photograph the buildings for what might be the last time.
 

There were some daffodils.
 

Some of the walls had been torn away, exposing hints of the interiors.


What is left of the roofs is totally collapsing.
 

With my beloved weeds dormant for the winter, the emptiness becomes apparent.
 

For once I could appreciate the old buildings that were quietly disintegrating.





No comments: